True Nature Camp Asheville NC
WELCOME TO TRUE NATURE CAMP!
True Nature Camp offers summer sessions for boys and girls between the ages of 8 and 16, family camp for kids and parents, and classes throughout the year for students of all ages. We teach nature awareness, wilderness survival, traditional living, native skills and philosophy, internal martial arts, and wildcrafting.
Our programs connect kids and adults with the natural world and their own true nature. We provide experiences that empower growth in self-awareness and independence, inspirecooperation through community living, and foster a deeper appreciation and respect for the ecology of the earth.
True Nature Camp is located on a beautiful 90 acre property bordering Pisgah National Forest, just 20 minutes from Asheville. We have a low camper to counselor ratio, which allows us to providepersonalized instruction and attention.
Our programs include:
- traditional and modern fire-making
- shelter construction
- water purification
- plant and animal identification
- wild edible and medicinal plants
- botany, biology, ecology
- open-fire and stove cooking
- tracking and bird language
- stalking and natural camouflage
- knots, cordage, and basket weaving
- archery and throwing arts
- awareness exercises
- kung fu, tai chi, qi gong, and meditation
- games, music, and storytelling
We are looking forward to a great year!